Driver update for the Conexant modem
NOTE: Before installing this driver, you need the permission of an administrator to install the driver. For this you will need to log onto your computer using the user nameadministrator.
1. Download instructions:
- Prepare a new folder in theC:\directory to place the file downloaded from the web - Name itDownloadfolder.
- Download the file into theDownloadfolder
- When the download is complete, clickStart, point toProgramsand then clickWindows Explorer.
- ClickViewand then clickDetailsto check the size of the driver - if the size is the same, the download was successfully completed.
- If the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and proceed with the download again.
- TheModem Driversfile you have downloaded is a self-extracting file. UseWindows Explorerto browse toMDD_con_21312.exe.
- Double-click theMDD_con_21312.exeicon, and aWinZip Self-Extractordialogue box will appear.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Drivers upgrade:
- AccessDevice Manager.
- Double-clickModems, and then double-clickConexant SoftK56 Data, Fax PCI Modem.
- Select theDrivertab and clickUpdate Driver.
- TheUpgrade Device Driver Wizardwill now appear - ClickNext.
- SelectDisplay a list of known drivers for this device so that I can choose a specific driverand clickNext.
- ClickHave disk.
- In theCopy manufacturers filesfield, type the path of the temporary directory where you unzipped the files (for example:C:\Download) and click OK.
- TheInstall New Modemwindow showsConexant SoftK56 Data, Fax PCI Modem. ClickNext, and clickNextagain.
- If the following message is displayedDigital Signature Not Found, clickYesto continue installation process (Conexant devices and drivers are WHQL certified, and have received a Microsoft signature).
3.Update driver for KLSI USB-Ethernet.
In order to resolve your issue completely, it is also necessary to update the driver KLSI USB-Ethernet for VAIO models PCG-F709K /F807K /F808K /F809K with Windows 2000 preinstalled and the PCGA-PRF1A docking station.You will find the relevant driver update and the installation procedure on our web site under the download section for the F series.
- 32 bit
- 1.48 Mb