Bluetooth Driver and Application Software Setup version 1.01C1 for Windows XP Service Pack 1
1. This update requires Windows XP SP1. The update will not run if the OS is not XP SP1. We recommend therefore to install this Bluetooth update prior to upgrading your system to XP SP2. If you"ve already installed XP SP2, you will have to remove it and, if necessary, reinstall XP SP1. After this Bluetooth update is installed, you can then upgrade to XP SP2.
2. This update installs Bluespace NE software on your machine. After you run this update you can no longer use the old Bluespace application that was originally supplied with your computer!
1. DownloadBluetoothUpdate_101C1_XXX.exeand save to a download directory
2. Go the download folder and double-click BluetoothUpdate_101C1_XXX.exe to unzip it
3. WinZip Self-Extractor program starts
4. Click Unzip and click OK
5. Click Close to exit WinZip Self-Extractor program
The downloaded file will be unzipped to the directoryC:\BluetoothUpdate_1.01C1containing the following 3 subfolders:
-Sony Programmable I/O Control Device driver 126.96.36.1990
-Sony Util 188.8.131.5240a
-Bluetooth driver and application software setup 1.01C1
The update occurs in several steps. Please perform all the steps listed below.
Step 1. Install, if not yet done, BIOS update versionR0248E0
BIOS R0248E0 is available for download from the VAIO-Link We site.
Step 2. Install, if not yet done, Windows XP Service Pack 1
Windows XP SP1 can be obtained from the Microsoft Web site.
Step 3. Install, if not yet done, Yamaha audio driver version 184.108.40.20652-020805
Yamaha driver 220.127.116.1152-020805 is available for download from the VAIO-Link web site.
Step 4. Install Sony Programmable I/O Control Device driver version 18.104.22.1680
1. Open Device Manager (Click [Start] -> Right-click [My Computer] -> click [Properties] -> [Hardware] -> [Device Manager])
2. Expand Human Interface Devices
3. Right-click Sony Programmable I/O Control Device and select Update Driver
4. Select Install from a list or specific location
5. Click Next and select Search for the best driver.
6. Click Include this location and browse to the directoryC:\BluetoothUpdate_1.01C1\Sony Programmable I O Control Device Driver 22.214.171.1240
7. Click Ok click Next
8. Wait while the Wizard installs the new software
9. Click Finish and exit Device Manager
Step 5. Install SonyUtil version 126.96.36.19940a
1. Open the folderC:\BluetoothUpdate_1.01C1\SonyUtil 188.8.131.5240a
2. Double-click Setup.exe
2. Select Repair and click Next
3. Wait while the Wizard installs the new software
4. Click Finish
Step 6. Install Bluetooth driver and application software setup version 1.01C1
Important notes:Turn on the Hardware Wireless on your notebook before you proceed; make sure the notebook is connected to the mains and don"t interrupt the installation until completed
1. Open the folderC:\BluetoothUpdate_1.01C1\Bluetooth driver and application software setup 1.01C1
2. Double-click Setup.exe
3. Click Next
4. Read the Important Notice and click Yes
5. Read the Warning message and click OK
6. Click OK to uninstall the currently installed BlueSpace
7. Select Remove and click Next.
8. Click OK to remove the application and click Finish
9. Click Next to install the Windows XP Q323183
10. Select I Agree and click Next
11. Click Finish
12. Click Next to install the Windows XP Q811228
13. Select I Agree and click Next
14. Click Finish
15. Click OK at the message: The Update program will now restart the computer
16. The Bluetooth update program will resume after the computer restarts
17. Click Continue Anyway at the Hardware Installation warning
18. Click Next at the Found New Hardware Wizard
19. Click Continue Anyway at the Hardware Installation warning and click Finish
20. Click Continue Anyway at the next Hardware Installation warning
21. Click OK at the efdfu Complete dialog
22. Read the message on screen and click OK
23. Click Next at the Found New Hardware Wizard and click Finish
24. Make sure I want to restart my computer now is selected and click Finish
25. The installation is complete when the computer restarts.
- 32 bit
- 16.08 Mb